The lithium-ion battery is the most commonly used battery in handheld consumer electronics for several reasons. But like all batteries, it has its advantages and limitations.
- Advantages - it is small, lightweight, has a high capacity, can re-charge hundreds of times and has a low self-discharge rate.
- Limitations - it is subject to aging even if not in use, and has some transportation restrictions such as on board commercial airlines (check with your airline before traveling with your device). It is also not individually replaceable.
All batteries degrade over time and the lithium battery is no different, it will gradually lose its capacity to hold a charge. Lithium batteries typically have a lifespan of 2-3 years or 300-500 full charge cycles, whichever comes first. They will also slowly discharge when not in use or storage. If you are not using your mophie product regularly, it is recommended to check the charge level in your device every 3-6 months and recharge if needed.
Tips to extend battery life:
- Avoid extreme temperatures. Operating temp range is 14°F - 122°F. Storage range is -20°F to 170°F.
- Do not leave the device plugged in all the time.
- Minimize the amount of time the battery spends at 100% or 0% charge.
If your mophie product is experiencing charge or discharge issues and was purchased within two years from an authorized retailer, click here to begin the warranty replacement process.