When to offer in-store credit
As we are the customer care team, it is our duty to provide world class service to anyone that reaches out. There will be some cases where refunds cannot be issued, but in-store credit or ZAGG Rewards is the next best option. This article is our standard procedure of how to handle these occurrences.
We should always remember that a refund is issuing the funds back that ZAGG.com has collected and processing it to the original form of payment.
- We're unable to offer refunds for products purchased through our resellers or a third party.
- When we process a refund, we simply reverse the charge on the original transaction. However, since the customer purchased a product from a reseller/third-party company, we have no transaction to reverse as we don't share systems.
If someone has purchased an item from a ZAGG Store or ZAGG Kiosk, the KB article, “Franchise Refund Policy” goes into more detail that the customer should attempt to return the item at the purchase location within the 30 day purchase period. We should encourage the customer to attempt to return the product back to the franchise location or 3rd party retailer first before offering ZAGG Rewards. (If this is not possible, please follow the steps below.)
Step 1: Notify SCA chat that you would like to offer in-store credit (ZAGG Rewards) to make the situation better for the customer. Agents can certainly create ZAGG Rewards up to $25 and SCAs will need to be involved in any rewards greater than $25.
Please be sure to not refer to the ZAGG Rewards (In-store credit) as a 'gift card'. Due to legal verbiage, we cannot call the ZAGG Rewards a 'gift card'.
Step 2: Create an account for the customer if they do not have one and register their product.
- Be sure that the customer knows that the limited lifetime warranty is an option for InvisibleShield and Gear4 (Exceptions can be made on product upgrades if needed).
- We will need proof of purchase for the item with the date of purchase, the dollar amount paid, and where the purchase was located.
If this product is EOL or out of warranty, please follow the KB article Warranty Processing For EOL Products
Step 3: After the receipt is obtained: Please notify SCAs for review and next steps.
- The purchase date should be within 60 days.
- Offering ZAGG Rewards in place of a refund needs to be communicated as an exception to the customer as this is outside of our standard return policy.
- If SCA’s have approved the exception, please make sure that the registration number or order number in M2 is noted that the item will be returned for ZAGG Rewards. The warehouse team DOES NOT see Zendesk tickets and therefore we need our notes in M2. The warehouse team will reach out to SCAs to issue the ZAGG Rewards if the amount is higher than $25.
- SCAs Only: There may be some cases where the customer has a positive account history, and we may not need an InvisibleShield or Gear4 case returned if the receipt is valid.
A point to remember if in-store credit (ZAGG Rewards) is an option:
- The customer is responsible for mailing back the item for a refund or ZAGG Rewards and we should not offer further exceptions unless the customer is escalating.
- Do not proactively offer ZAGG Rewards to reimburse the customer’s return shipping costs and do not offer a return shipping label without SCA approval.