The Rugged Pro Connect keyboard and case consist of four pieces: the keyboard, the case, a screen protector, and a detachable L-shaped Lightning plug module that snaps onto the screen protector.
Separating Each Piece
When you open the box, you will see that all four pieces are connected.
- First, separate the screen protector and case from the keyboard. It is magnetically attached, so you can simply pull it out of the cradle it's sitting in.
- Next, separate the screen protector from the case. Pull one of the rubber corners of the case away from the screen protector. Pull away the rest of the case and set it aside.
- Pick up the screen protector. The side of the screen protector that will fit over the Power button has the detachable L-shaped piece with a lightning port and pogo pin. Remove that piece by gently pulling on one corner of it. It should detach easily.
Putting the Screen Protector on Your Tablet
(Tip: installing the screen protector is easier if you hold the tablet in one hand rather than setting it on a table.)
- Peel off the protective plastic layer on the inside of the screen protector.
- To put the screen protector onto your tablet, make sure the power button end is lined up with your power button. You'll also see a space in the screen protector that allows you to access the buttons on the tablet.
- Set your tablet into the bottom of the screen protector.
- Starting at the bottom, move around the edges and firmly press the screen protector onto the tablet. It will be a snug fit.
This tight, close fit ensures that you don't lose any touch sensitivity when you're tapping and swiping on the screen.
Attaching the L-shaped Lightning Module
The L-shaped module has the following:
- a Lightning plug that fits into the port on your iPad
- a Lightning port on the outside of the module
- a pogo pin (4 gold dots) on the outside of the module
- Align the L-shaped piece with your tablet so that the Lightning plug on the L-shaped piece will fit into the port on your tablet
- Snap the L-shaped piece back onto the screen protector
- Peel off the protective plastic layer from the outside of the screen protector.
Inserting Your Tablet into the Case
- Peel off the protective plastic layer from the case.
- Place your tablet with the screen protector into the bottom lip of the case, and then press the rest of the tablet into the case.
- Check every corner to make sure the tablet is securely seated in the case
- Once your have put your tablet into the case, turn your tablet off and restart it.
Attaching the Case and the Keyboard
Set the tablet in its case into the cradle at the top of the keyboard. You will feel the magnets engage and hold the tablet in place.
Removing your Tablet from the Case
To take your tablet out of the case, pull the case away from one corner, and then pull the rest of the case off the tablet.
Removing the Screen Protector
- Remove the L-shaped piece by first pulling on one corner of it, and then carefully pulling the rest of the way.
- To remove the rest of the screen protector, pull one corner away from the screen. The rest of it should pull off easily.